At The Society of Modern Management Singapore (“SMM”, “we”, “us”, “our”), we are committed to protecting and safeguarding the personal data of individuals we collected from you.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The types of personal data that we collect depend on the circumstances of collection and on the nature of the transaction undertaken with us.
The personal data that we may request includes but is not limited to (individually and collectively referred to as “Personal Data”):
- personal identification information, including name, identification and passport numbers, gender, date of birth, images, photographs, videos, closed circuit television (CCTV) footage, voice recordings ;
- contact information, including postal address, email address, phone number;
- demographic information such as academic qualifications, occupation, job details, preferences and interests ;
- other information as we may notify you, whether for surveys, sale of publications and other service offerings ;
- technical and statistical data, such as your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses, which will automatically be collected by us to maintain quality of the service and to compile general statistics regarding use of our websites.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
The Personal Data you provide helps us to understand your needs, maintain our relationship with you, process transactions, fulfil our delivery obligations for any goods, services or activities you undertake with us, and improve our service delivery. In particular, we collect your Personal Data for the following purposes, including without limitation:
- Verify your identity;
- Internal record keeping;
- Process relevant information for organising and conducting our activities, e.g. overseas mission trips;
- Improve our products and services and to customise our websites according to your interests;
- Develop content of this site and our related network of websites;
- Periodically send you email updates about new activities and service offerings or other information of relevance to you using the email address which you have provided. You have the option of opting out from receiving such information;
- Respond to feedback from you;
- From time to time, we may use your information to contact you by email, phone, fax or mail to conduct research.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may also use and disclose your Personal Data with and to third parties. In order to fulfil the Purposes listed above, in which case, we may:
- Disclose, transfer, and jointly use your Personal Data to and with such third parties in Singapore and overseas, and your Personal Data may also be transmitted to data storage facilities or our offices and appointed agents in Singapore or other countries in connection with our performance of the transaction with you;
- Share your Personal Data with our trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Data except to provide these services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Data.
SMM reserves its right to use or disclose any data as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of the Online Service, to fulfil your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a matter of public safety.
CONSENT AND RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
By signing our Membership Application Form, you have expressed consent to SMM collecting, using and disclosing your personal data for the purposes of membership soliciting, research activities and future event notification and publicity as well as SMM’s news dissemination. By so indicating your acceptance of the terms of this Policy, you shall be deemed to have expressly consented to the processing of your Personal Data by SMM or any of our authorized staff, partners and/or contractors for the Purposes outlined in the above.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, you may at any time withdraw your consent to SMM processing any Personal Data of yours or to any part or portion of the processing by sending to SMM at the address set out below a written notice of withdrawal and within the period prescribed under the Act. SMM shall take all necessary measures to give effect to your withdrawal of consent, to the extent that such withdrawal does not conflict with any of SMM‘s other legal obligations.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will, upon your written request to our Data Protection Officer (see contact details and requirements below), allow you to enquire about the ways in which your personal data has been or may have been used or disclosed within a year before the request. Where required or authorised to do so by law, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for this service and/or deny your request for access to your Personal Data.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as authentication and access controls (such as good password practices, need-to-basis for data disclosure, etc.), up-to-date antivirus protection, regular patching of operating system and other software, and web security measures against risks.
You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Contact No. : 6743 6838
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date : 02/09/2021
Last updated : 02/09/2021
This Data Protection Policy shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.